Session 2: Law, regulation and responsibilities
Time & Location
About the Event
Session two will identify the ways that laws, regulations and policies support and constrain how we can engage young people in political and civic matters. The session will build knowledge and understanding of the factors which need to considered when planning and delivering work with young people to ensure activity remains in line with our legal duties.
Issues to explore include:
· What are the boundaries of political engagement for organisations? Are there specific rules in certain settings?
· What are the duties of charities to be political but not partisan?
· What is Purduh and pre-election periods and what does this mean for youth workers?
· What are the safeguarding considerations and the role of “prevent”, ‘radicalisation’ and ‘extremism’ that we need to consider?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or need any support.
* Once you are registered for this event you will find the meeting link in the confirmation and reminder emails. If you are having difficulties finding these emails, please check your spam box.