Session 1: Why political and civic engagement?
Time & Location
About the Event
Session 1: Why political and civic engagement
Session one will explore the ways that youth work can support young people’s political education, civic engagement and activism. We will unpack what are the reasons that issues can be seen as ‘controversial’ and how does that affect the relationships we build with young people and the practice of youth work?
Issues to explore include:
· What rights do young people have to engage in political action?
· What is the role of youth work in stimulating political and civic engagement?
· What makes topics controversial?
· What are some of the issues and challenges that youth workers face when engaging young people in political and civic issues?
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, or need any support.
* Once you are registered for this event you will find the meeting link in the confirmation and reminder emails. If you are having difficulties finding these emails, please check your spam box.